Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Low Odor Markers

So many schools and organizations are focusing on the toxicity in the classroom and office space. These toxins lurk everywhere and one of the big culprits is disposable whiteboard markers that use ink loaded with harmful chemicals.

Xylene is the major concern and Xylene can be found in the majority of disposable markers. You know that smell, the one that gives you a headache if you're around it enough...that's Xylene.
Google it and you'll read about its harmful effects..it's really a pretty nasty chemical.

When purchasing whiteboard markers, take a look for non-toxic ones, you'll be glad you did. And if you are a teacher, using non-toxic markers is not only much better for your health, but it significantly reduces the level of toxicity the school children are exposed to.

No comments: